Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May break in the 'windy-city'

After a week of the smeltering Austin heat, packing, moving, and cleaning Jen and I got 4 hours of terrible slumber then took off for our trek to her home town of Chicago. Hours of mostly farmland driving with maybe only 5 stops for gas or a potty break... we feasted on our packed grub as we sped down the interstate reducing our 17hr trip by an hour. Our crate and cooler consisted of: watercrest & seseame crackers, munsteur cheese, deliciously thin-sliced peppered-turkey, red & grannysmith apples, grapes, baby carrots, celery, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and water. 16 hours later we arrived. And not even as drained as I thought I would be. Amazing.

5-1/2 days in a new city. Wheee! *grin*

The Chicago night skyline is amazing. Chicago itself is amazing. Michigan street is this clean stretch of street lined with awesome buildings and parkways. Contained on this street is also what is known as the Magnificent Mile, a long stretch of gorgeous shopping and landmarks. It's the nicest looking BIG city that I've been to. Being that it's on Lake Michigan which if it were in Europe it would have been called a Sea because of it's color and the vastness of it. It covers the horizon opposite of the city without anything breaking the water from the sky... the only thing it was lacking was salt and waves to keep me from referring to it as an ocean. When I get the combo of photos taken by myself on my friend's camera and of their photos I'll post. I know, I know, I say that a lot... but seriously I hope that I will actually get my own camera one of these days and we won't have this delay. *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home